It's easy to miss it, so make sure you don't.

How could I have walked past this place numerous times and not go in? I guess I was too distracted with the Notre Dame Cathedral on the other side. This little topsy turvy bookstore doubles as a free hostel for aspiring writers and public library, and is a museum in itself. I hope you enjoy your virtual visit of Shakespeare & Company.


I was lucky enough to see the legendary George Whitman sitting outside on a bench twirling his keys and probably thinking about the next book to read. He's the gentleman on the right.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE the pictures. And the bookshop. *Sniffle* It's all sorts of wonderful.
Sidney said…
What a wonderful place. I am a book lover !
Anonymous said…
Great shots! I've been to Paris 5x but I never really had the time visiting the whole city ! Now I will have the reason to stay longer because my cousin is now living there as Expat ! How about a Rendez-vous for an EB ? BTW,thanks for the tour ;) !
kala said…
I used to browse this bookstore all the time. That bookstore also gives out free books from time to time. I scored three of them. Their selection is great, too.
Lisa said…
Hey, where'd you go? :|
Angie said…
Just wandered on to your blog. I have never wanted to go to Paris before but now I really really do. Thank you for taking us "with" you.

http://motherofmischief.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Love the black & white!!!

if interested in more exposure for your work/photographs why not consider joining cre8Buzz in the photo community. The site aims to get everyone more exposure - It allows you to promote your own sites - be seen, be heard, be found.


http://beta.cre8buzz.com/photography/signup_now

Jackal

Popular Posts