Joie de Vivre #1

The French call it "joie de vivre" and the Italians have coined it "la dolce vita".
For me it's:
** Bicycling on the grounds of the Chateau de Versailles and
watching the fountains dance to the music
** A 'fresh' gelati melting in my mouth and running down my fingers
** Lying on the grass and marvelling at the sky
** Sunday picnics
** Water fights
** Walking barefoot on cool grass, on cool rock
** The smell of tartiflette wafting from the bistro downstairs
** Old books, old postcards, sepia photos of people I don't know
** Childhood friends
** Dancing
** Sunset dinners
** Old wooden shutters

Comments

kala said…
I love this list! And amen to old wooden shutters... you're in the perfect location for that ;-) Too bad about the Fete, but hey, there's always next year!
PS. Makis & I are planning a Paris trip so hopefully we can meet up then!
Makis said…
Yep! Hope we can meet up!
I miss walking barefoot on the beach at sunsets!
Cherublu said…
Looking forward to it! Hope the weather improves by then, though. :)
Anonymous said…
wow Lu!!! with what you've included in your list, i could almost imagine what my vacation on August would be like...^^
Paris, Paris, Paris! i could only imagine (sigh). nice to know you enjoy every bit of it with G. i'm a fan of this blog already! cheers Lu! ^^

Popular Posts